[html-formfu] Missing date elements

Ronald J Kimball rkimball+formfu at pangeamedia.com
Mon Jun 23 16:26:16 BST 2008

Ronald J Kimball wrote:
> Since upgrading from 0.02004 to 0.03001, my date elements have been
> getting rendered without the actual select fields.  For example:

More info about this issue...

By setting breakpoints in the debugger, I discovered that
_add_elements() never gets called on the HTML::FormFu::Element::Date
object in my sample code.

However, if I call process() on the form before rendering it, then the
date elements are properly rendered.  The documentation says:

   process

     Arguments: [$query_object]

     Arguments: [\%params]

     Process the provided query object or input values. This must be
     called before calling any of the methods listed under "SUBMITTED
     FORM VALUES AND ERRORS" and "MODIFYING A SUBMITTED FORM".

     It's not necessary to call "process" before printing the form or
     calling "render".

Note that last sentence.  So, is this a bug in the code, or an error in
the documentation?

thanks,
Ronald