[html-formfu] Catalyst::Controller::HTML::FormFu and Catalyst::Controller::REST

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 22:46:33 BST 2008

2008/6/27 Mateu X. Hunter <hunter at missoula.org>:
> Does anyone know if it's possible that HTML::FormFu can work with REST
> under catalyst?
>
> I can get GET the form, but when I POST it things like $form->submitted
> are undef.

Hmm, I've tried creating a test app, mixing C-C-HTML-FormFu and
C-C-REST - and it seems they don't play well together.
Regardless of whether I put the :FormConfig attribute onto the `index`
action, or the `index_POST` action - the FormConfig code is never run
- so there's no form on `$c->stash->{form}`.
I don't really understand Cat's internals well enough, but I think
it's because C-Action-REST's dispatch method is overriding
Catalyst-Action's own.
Could you repost this to the Catalyst mailing list, and find out
whether anyone else has found the REST controller affecting other
action attributes?