[html-formfu] Clientside validation

Moritz Onken onken at houseofdesign.de
Wed Mar 5 09:16:16 GMT 2008

  Hi,

I'm using the extJS framework in combination with formfu. It allows
you to send the form data to your server and parses the returned
messages and prints them next to invalid form fields. It is JSON
based, but with a little bit of code you can easily return the formfu
error messages usign JSON.

if ( $form->has_errors ) {
   $c->stash->{success} = 0;
   for ( @{ $form->get_errors } ) {
      push(
        @{ $c->stash->{errors} },
        { id => $_->name, msg => $_->message }
      );
}

this is a catalyst example. Make sure to set the view to JSON.