[html-formfu] "dynamic forms"

Andreas Marienborg omega at palle.net
Wed Mar 26 12:05:20 GMT 2008

On Mar 26, 2008, at 12:52 PM, Carl Franks wrote:

> On 26/03/2008, Andreas Marienborg <omega at palle.net> wrote:
>> Has anyone ever done anything with "dynamic forms", forms that change
>> when the users input changes? Specificaly I was thinking about
>> chaning
>> some constraints based on the selected value in a dropdown.
>>
>> The dropdown is a country dropdown, and I would like to change some
>> constraints for mobilephone, address, zipcode etc
>>
>> Just wondering how I should implement such a scheme. I could perhaps
>> use when-clauses but it would quickly become cluttered
>
> Mario added the 'when' method for this kind of thing.
> I've never used it yet myself, but the code looks sane.
>
> An example of use might be:
>
>  - name: zip
>    constraints:
>      - type: US_Zipcode
>        when:
>          field: country
>          value: us
>      - type: Generic_Zipcode
>        when:
>          field: country
>          not: 1
>          value: us

Yeah, I actually already use the when stuff for some other, similar,
cases, and it's working nicely.

Just gets messy if you have 4 different fields that should change, and
each of them has 238 different values in country, so was wondering if
someone else might have cooked up some ev0l scheme to fix it for me :)

- andreas