[html-formfu] (no subject)

Jens Schwarz blacky6767 at gmx.de
Mon Nov 3 09:50:02 GMT 2008

Hi,

I am using FormFu with Catalyst and created a form containing a "Date" element. So my foobar.yml looks something like this:

# start
# ...

- type: Date
  name: mydate
  label: this is mydate
  year:
    prefix: "-year-"
  month:
    prefix: "-month-"
  day:
    prefix: "-day-"
  strftime: "%Y-%m-%d"
  constraints:
    - Required

# ...
# end

So the "Date" element has those nice "prefix" attributes. In addition with "constraints Required": If a user does not select any date (i.e. "-year-", "-month-" and "-day-" remain selected), he gets the message "This field is required".

My question: Is it somehow possible to add such a "prefix" also to a regular "Select" element so that I get the same behaviour (i.e. "This field is required" if the "prefix" remains selected)? I tried this without success:

# start
# ...
- type: Select
  name: myselect