[html-formfu] password element: empty after submission

Jens Schwarz blacky6767 at gmx.de
Tue Nov 11 14:08:56 GMT 2008

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 13:58:32 +0100
> Von: "Jens Schwarz" <blacky6767 at gmx.de>
> An: html-formfu at lists.scsys.co.uk
> Betreff: Re: [html-formfu] password element: empty after submission

> (...)
>   - type: Password
>     name: mypass
>     label: Enter password
>     filters:
>       - type: Callback
>         callback: <catalyst root>::Controller::somewhere::myhashedpassword
> (...)

Hmm, I guess you native-english speakers say something like "Don't count your chickens before they are hatched." :)
The yml above works fine ... but:
If I want to add a contraint like ...

constraints:
  - type: Length
    min: 8
    message: Your password should at least be 8 characters long

... the Callback filter messes up this constraint because it first hashes the password to a 40 characters long SHA1 string which therefor passes the contraint even if the entered string was less than 8 characters. I just tried to dig into Inflator/Validator/Transformer in hope to find something appropriate but I seems there are not many examples.