[html-formfu] Constraint "Required" with condition "when" doesn't work in apache-style config

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 14:54:45 GMT 2008

2008/11/28 Christoph Metz <mail-lao at web.de>:
> using an Require constraint whith the "when" condition doesn't work fine for
> me :/
>
> <element>
>           type Select
>             name kompetenzfeld_id
>             <constraint>
>               type Required
>               <when>
>                   field extern
>                   values 0
>                 </when>
>           </constraint>
> </element>
>

> without the "<when>" part the Required constrain works correctly, maybe the
> syntax of my conf isn't correct, but this was the only variant,
> (config-loader) formfu accepted so far...

That config seems to work, looking at a dumped $form, so the problem
must either be a misunderstanding of how it's meant to work, or a bug.
Note that the when() doesn't yet support nested params, such as "foo.bar".

Can you write a failing test file, that demonstrates what you expect
to happen, to help start to narrow it down?

Cheers,