[html-formfu] config_file_path

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 12:55:12 BST 2008

2008/9/13 Geoffrey D. Bennett <g at netcraft.com.au>:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm using Catalyst::Controller::HTML::FormFu, and specify
> config_file_path => MyApp->path_to("forms"), which is fine for when I
> use :FormConfig(), but when I use load_config_file(), things don't go
> so well when running under Apache, since the cwd is "/" (the
> HTML::FormFu doc says "relative paths are resolved from the current
> working directory").
>
> I found "__path_to()__" but that seems like a bit of a hack, and means
> that your form config file path isn't centralised (having to specify
> it in each form).
>
> What do you think about moving config_file_path into HTML::FormFu?

Hi Geoffrey,

I'm not sure why, but I couldn't get the patches to apply cleanly.
I've done it now, although it needed a couple more fixes to work properly.

There's formfu tests - though there's no cat-controller tests for
this, and I don't think I've got any applications that set this value
themselves, so I've really only tested an app that uses the default
cat-controller path.

The cat-controller config option {config_file_path} is now deprecated,
and issues a warning - you should set
{constructor}{config_file_path} instead.

This is available in svn - I'm not going to try and push out a cpan
release this week, as I'm on holiday next week, and I don't want to
break anything and get stressed trying to fix it in a rush!

Thanks,