[html-formfu] Best approach for multiple item editing

Nigel Metheringham nigel.metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk
Fri Oct 3 16:33:32 BST 2008

On 30 Sep 2008, at 13:23, Carl Franks wrote:
> You can do most of this already with a Repeatable block element, and
> HTML::FormFu::Model::DBIC

One issue I am hitting when playing with this is whats happening
in a Select or similar element.

I've got a bookings form:-

     elements:
       - legend: Booking
         type: Fieldset
         elements:
           - name: id
             type: Hidden

           - label: Booking Type
             model_config:
               resultset: BookingType
             name: booking_type
             type: Select

           - label: Start
             name: start
             type: Text

           - label: End
             name: end
             type: Text

This works fine as an individual form.
If I wrap it in a repeatable from a parent object, it works fine
except that the booking_type Select has no options filled in.
Interestingly the options_from_model method is called (just once no
matter how many items are involved), and the appropriate values
returned back. If I manually fill in the options that works...

I've not as yet managed to chase down where in the stack the options
are getting detached from the items.

On a similar vein, is it possible at present to have options set from
something like a callback or method on the object used to populate the
defaults?

	Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham             Nigel.Metheringham at InTechnology.com ]