[html-formfu] pt_br translation and some problens with .conf files

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 12:22:19 BST 2008

2008/8/29 Daniel Nicoletti <dantti85-perl at yahoo.com.br>:
>>That's an uppercase /I18N/ - right?
>>I don't recommend you mess about with individual files with your
>>perl's core @INC directories.
>>If you're patching a module, such as in this case - keep it in a
>>seperate directory - under revision control - and "use lib" to add it
>>to your @INC path - otherwise you'll end up with a messed up perl
>>install.
> i'm not messing with anything, the pt_br that you have now
> i am the one who created it, i just copied the en.pm
> to pt_br and translated, send to this list BUT i myself can't use it :P
> if i put pt_br in my code it's opening the wrong file
> i just don't know what to do.
> Is there any location that register the l10n files?

Ah - you're using the version you sent me!
There was a typo - it said "user utf8" instead of "use utf8".
Maybe it's just falling back to es.pm because the pt_br.pm is failing
to compile.
Just fix the typo, or use the files from the svn repository.

> > > and also if i use .yml file i got a messy page
> > > to have a nice utf8 page only with a .conf file..

> the .yml file is exactly the same as the .conf one
> with just a text field both have the same args.
>
> i attached the two files.

There's no unicode in either of the files, so what exactly is going wrong?
layout? order of fields? css? labels?

> the database if fine cause tt shows all unicode correctly
> it's just put a [% form %] in tt that all the page get screwed
> but with .conf is fine.

I suspect that you haven't followed all the steps in
HTML::FormFu::Manual::Unicode - and the only reason the .conf files
appear to work, is that they're not being decoded when they're being
loaded.
In which case, it's only "working" because nothing at all is being
encoded or decoded - and the first time you try to use a module that
"does unicode correctly", it'll all break.