[html-formfu] pt_br translation and some problens with .conf files

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 09:47:53 BST 2008

2008/9/1 Daniel Nicoletti <dantti85-perl at yahoo.com.br>:
> the dbix also can't be that way but just in case
> i figured out that when i commit and have some filed to get
> validated the hardcoded strings on the forms.conf get screwed
> I really think we should find out how to do those steps with
> .conf files since catalyst is not using it by default anymore.

You either need to use DBIx::Class::UTF8Columns, or make sure your
DBD::* driver is handling unicode strings properly.
Why can't you add UTFColumns to your dbic table classes?

I've updated examples/unicode to use .conf files as well - it all works fine.

> btw the examples/unicode doesn't work first i changed the perl
> bin on the script/server
> but i got another error that i couldn't find out.

Make sure you're running it with the latest HTML-FormFu from svn.
Checkout trunk/HTML-FormFu, and then run:
    cd HTML-FormFu/examples/unicode
    perl -I ../../lib scripts/unicode_server.pl

The sh-bang line is irrelevant if you run it with an explicit `perl`, as above.
Again, without any error messages, I can't really give you much more help.