Res: [html-formfu] pt_br translation and some problens with .conf files

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 09:55:44 BST 2008

2008/9/1 Daniel Nicoletti <dantti85-perl at yahoo.com.br>:
> Dude :P i'm going to kill myself :P
> if i remove use utf8 from my pt_br file
> i got accents and my form.conf strings don't
> get screw.. !!
> nuts isn't it?

Make you you're running HTML-FormFu svn r1169 or higher.
I've changed load_config_file() - so .conf files are decoded properly
- that should make a difference for you.

As HTML-FormFu-Manual-Unicode explains, you need to correctly decode
all unicode coming into your program - this includes:
    * from a db
    * from template files
    * from config files
    * user-submitted data from the browser
And encode all unicode data coming out of your program - this includes:
    * writing to the database
    * writing to the browser

If you miss any point - everything will break!
This is how unicode needs to be done in perl.
The easy way is just to follow all the instructions in
HTML-FormFu-Manual-Unicode.
For more details, read perlunitut.