[html-formfu] 0.03004 - new cpan uploads: HTML-FormFu, Catalyst-Controller-HTML-FormFu

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 16:01:45 BST 2008

I've uploaded new releases of HTML-FormFu and
Catalyst-Controller-HTML-FormFu to cpan.

There are 2 changes that might effect your applications.

    * If you've set HTML-FormFu to use the TT templates, and you've
customized the file 'checkboxgroup_tag' - this file is no longer used,
so you'll have to account for that

    * Config::General files are now correctly utf8 decoded - if you're
using .conf files and utf8, it'll now work as it should - I don't
think there's many people using .conf files though.

Other changes that I don't think I've posted to the list are:

    * There's now a "html_formfu_dumpconf.pl" script, which reads any
type of config file, and dumps out the parsed structure - so you can
check the config file is being parsed as you expect.
    > html_formfu_dumpconf.pl path/to/file.yml

    * I've optimized several methods which get called a lot - and
there's now a 20% runtime speedup compared to the last cpan release.

    * I've merged my "perl-best-practices" branch back into trunk. -
There's still someway to go, but the code is now a lot more consistent
and readable.

Below is the full "Changes" log for both distributions.
Many thanks to everyone who helped!
Cheers,
Carl

HTML-FormFu

    - New reCAPTCHA element.

    - New pt_br (Brazilian Portuguese) translation from Daniel Nicoletti.

    - New load_config_filestem() method for loading config files without
      having to specify the file extension.

    - New html_formfu_dumpconf.pl script, for viewing config files structure.

    - Assorted optimizations, providing over 20% runtime speedup.

    - Radio element now inherits from Checkbox, to remove duplicated code.

    - Radiogroup element now inherits from Checkboxgroup, to remove duplicated
      code.

    - checkboxgroup_tag template file has been removed - Checkboxgroup now just
      uses radiogroup_tag file.

    - All non-english I18N packages now correctly "use utf8;"

    - load_config_file() now switches on Config-General's UTF8, so that files
      are correctly decoded.

    - Regex filter now has an eval() method, which if true, eval's the
      contents of replace(), to allow the use of $1 variables or any other
      perl expression.

    - Allow languages() to be a single value, rather than just an arrayref.

    - CompoundJoin filter now ignores empty values.

    - examples/unicode updated.

    - Manual-Unicode cat. config examples changed to use MyApp->config().

    - Stop warnings for undefined attributes - reported by Rod Taylor.

    - Documentation improvements by Ansgar Burchardt.

Catalyst-Controller-HTML-FormFu

    - 'config_file_ext' config setting has been removed.

    - Automatically search for form config files with any extension
      supported by Config::Any.

    - Add __config()__ callback.

    - Support filestems (without extensions) in the FormConfig('file')
      attribute syntax.

    - Forms returned by form() now have the query set with the Catalyst
      request object.

    - Switched from ACCEPT_CONTEXT to using
      Catalyst::Component::InstancePerContext - recommended by mst.

    - Changed config examples to Config::General, to match Catalyst's
      core documentation.