[html-formfu] Re: Multiple inheritence with FormFu Catalyst Controllers

Moritz Onken onken at houseofdesign.de
Wed Apr 1 06:43:08 BST 2009

Am 01.04.2009 um 00:50 schrieb Mario Minati:

> Hi Moritz,
>
> I like your Controller very much.
>
> Just some questions:
>
> Do you know if it can handle uploads with the Ext ux SwfUpload?
> Probably no as the code of handle_uploads suggests.

I have no Idea how SwfUpload works. AFAIK it allows to upload
multiple files. Does it submit the form data as well? If not,
this uploading thing should be an extra controller.

As I did with ImageChooser I would suggest
CatalystX::Controller::ExtJS::SwfUpload

> Line 134 is:
>       $object = $object->$self->config->{default_rs_method};
> Is that correct? It looks a bit to perlish, but I'm not sure.

Yes, that line is totally wrong, shold look like:

        my $rs = $self->config->{default_rs_method}
        $object = $object->$rs;

> How do you handle the usual controller logic, do you put it into the
> model and
> let the update die on problems or do you overwrite the PUT/PUSH
> methods?

What kind of logic are we talking about? I put A LOT of logic in the
model.
This helps me with testing and I have currently a daemon process who
needs
to access the model. So I have everything there. Most of the logic is
handled by formfu.

> Do you plan to put that module into the formfu repository?

Yes I do. Just wanted to write some more documentation and ask Carl if
I can
upload it there. I'm off until sunday and don't have internet access.
But here is the latest and greatest latest version of this controller.
I fixed the bug you mentioned and dropped the requirement for so many
files.
If one of the put/get/post/list files cannot be found it falls back
to the base file root/forms/???.yml

You are welcome to patch and write on. Or even upload it to the formfu
repo. I already have my bags packed and will leave in a few minutes.

One more thing, there are no tests yet. The module lives currently in my
app's lib directory. So we need a module::install environment or
something.

See you next monday!

cheers,

moritz