[html-formfu] providing condition attributes for Select box while using DBIC

mohanprasad mohan at thebizmo.com
Fri Apr 3 12:27:39 BST 2009

2009/4/3 mohanprasad <mohan at thebizmo.com>:

> hello everybody,
>
> i am trying to provide a select box in a html form.
> All the options should come database using DBIC.
> I want to filter the database entries fetched using DBIC.
> >From the documentation http://search.cpan.org/~cfranks/HTML-FormFu-Model-DBIC-0.03007/lib/HTML/FormFu/Model/DBIC.pm i got to know i can make use of condition attribute to filter the results fetched using DBIC.
> Documentation is telling condition will work similar to 1st arguement in search method on a result set.
> my code is as follows:
>
> ---
> action:
> auto_fieldset: 1
> auto_id: '%f_%n'
> elements:
>    - type: Select
>      name: media_type
>      label: 'select media type:* '
>      model_config:
>          model: Database::mediatype
>          label_column: name
>          id_column: name
>          condition:
>             name: 'video'
>      constraints:
>        - Required
>
> The above one will get all entries from mediatype table where name = 'video'.
> could anybody let me know if i want to provide not condition (ex: name != 'video') or a simple where clause like(ex: (field1 = 'value1' OR filed2 != 'value2') how should i do that?

Hi,

This is core DBIx::Class stuff.
You should find examples for both of these in the docs for SQL::Abstract

Cheers,

Hi Carl,
Thank you so much for the response.
I have gone through SQL::Abstract documentation.
Figured it out how to do the stuff.

I have updated the code as follows and IT WORKS
    - type: Select
      name: media_type
      label: 'select media type:* '
      model_config: