[html-formfu] Re: Multiple inheritence with FormFu Catalyst Controllers

Mario Minati mario.minati at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 4 22:32:01 BST 2009

Hi Moritz,

I was also on the go since thursday, so not much time yet.

Am Mittwoch 01 April 2009 07:43:08 schrieb Moritz Onken:
> Am 01.04.2009 um 00:50 schrieb Mario Minati:
> > Hi Moritz,
> >
> > I like your Controller very much.
> >
> > Just some questions:
> >
> > Do you know if it can handle uploads with the Ext ux SwfUpload?
> > Probably no as the code of handle_uploads suggests.
>
> I have no Idea how SwfUpload works. AFAIK it allows to upload
> multiple files. Does it submit the form data as well? If not,
> this uploading thing should be an extra controller.
>
> As I did with ImageChooser I would suggest
> CatalystX::Controller::ExtJS::SwfUpload

Forget about SwfUpload, I found out that it has unsolved problems with firefox
on linux, so not a way I will follow any longer. There are other Upload
controllers, which can upload files via a POST request, but not integrated
with a more complex form.

I'll look at this later on, may be extending one of those solutions.

> > Line 134 is:
> >       $object = $object->$self->config->{default_rs_method};
> > Is that correct? It looks a bit to perlish, but I'm not sure.
>
> Yes, that line is totally wrong, shold look like:
>
>         my $rs = $self->config->{default_rs_method}
>         $object = $object->$rs;
>
> > How do you handle the usual controller logic, do you put it into the
> > model and
> > let the update die on problems or do you overwrite the PUT/PUSH
> > methods?
>
> What kind of logic are we talking about? I put A LOT of logic in the
> model.
> This helps me with testing and I have currently a daemon process who
> needs
> to access the model. So I have everything there. Most of the logic is
> handled by formfu.

Model, ok.

> > Do you plan to put that module into the formfu repository?
>
> Yes I do. Just wanted to write some more documentation and ask Carl if
> I can
> upload it there. I'm off until sunday and don't have internet access.
> But here is the latest and greatest latest version of this controller.
> I fixed the bug you mentioned and dropped the requirement for so many
> files.
> If one of the put/get/post/list files cannot be found it falls back
> to the base file root/forms/???.yml
>
> You are welcome to patch and write on. Or even upload it to the formfu
> repo. I already have my bags packed and will leave in a few minutes.

As you changed the code, you better put the latest code into the repo ;-)

> One more thing, there are no tests yet. The module lives currently in my
> app's lib directory. So we need a module::install environment or
> something.

I'm willing to help with tests, but am not (yet) familiar with that
module::install environment, so this may you can take care of that.

> See you next monday!

Have a nice weekend,

Mario Minati