[html-formfu] Writing Catalyst - FormFu tests

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 08:28:47 GMT 2009

2009/4/8 Ascii King <tech at swattermatter.com>:
> I'm trying to write a test to demonstrate a problem I am having with Formfu
> and Catalyst and a repeatable within a repeatable.  I am only just learning
> how to write tests. Is the following test a good example of what I should be
> doing?
>
> http://html-formfu.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/HTML-FormFu-Model-DBIC/t/update/has_many_repeatable.t
>
> In this example, is the test.db already set up and a schema already created?
> It would seem that if that is true, then there would be no way for anyone
> else torun that test.

Hi,

Yes - that's a good example.

You'll need to checkout the entire distribution with
    svn co http://html-formfu.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/HTML-FormFu-Model-DBIC

The test schema is described in t/lib/MySchema/
If there's no suitable repeatable->repeatable relationships - if you
create any new tables, then as well as updating the schema, you'll
also need to update new_db() in t/lib/DBICTestLib.pm which is called
by each test file to create the sqlite database.

Rather than `make test`, I prefer using `prove` to run the test files,
as it lets you run an individual test file.
You'll need to install Test-Harness to get `prove`.
    prove -l t/update/has_many_repeatable.t

To create a patch file, you'll need to add any new files with `svn add filename`
and then create the patch file with `svn diff > patchfile`

Good luck!