[html-formfu] Getting "need a schema or context" loading config file

Dennis Daupert ddaupert at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 22:03:59 GMT 2009

On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 3:35 AM, Carl Franks <fireartist at gmail.com> wrote:

> If, for example, your schema class is "MyApp::MySchema", then you'd call
>    $c->model("MySchema")
> to retrieve it.
>
> Use that name in your app config, to tell
> Catalyst-Controller-HTML-FormFu to put it in your form stash.
>
> If it's Config::General format, I think it would be:
> <Controller::HTML::FormFu>
>  <model_stash>
>    schema MySchema
>  </model_stash>
> </Controller::HTML::FormFu>
>
> That'll save the model at $form->stash->{schema}
> so it's available to Model-DBIC

Hi Carl,

Thanks much for the info. After my post, I googled and found a newsgroup
post that gave the configuration you kindly supplied. But so far, I am
unable to get that to work. Let me cut and paste a couple items here to make
sure I've got this straight. The app is a copy of the Catalyst tutorial
authz code.

The schema file is located here:
/home/me/MyApp/lib/MyApp/Schema.pm

The app config file is here:
/home/me/MyApp/myapp.conf

myapp.conf has these lines:
<Controller::HTML::FormFu>
    <model_stash>
        <schema>
            schema Schema
        </schema>
    </model_stash>
</Controller::HTML::FormFu>

I have tried various incarnations of 'schema Schema,' stopping/starting the
app in between:
'schema Schema'
'schema: Schema'
'schema MyApp::Schema'
'schema: MyApp::Schema'

but I still get the "need a schema or context" error when I try to access
the form page when the Select is configured. If I take the Select stuff out,
I get the remainder of the form OK, and I am able otherwise able to talk to
the database using DBIC machinery.

Thoughts?

/dennis