[html-formfu] Retrieving TT from FormFu

Manu Kaul manu.kaul at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 18:16:26 GMT 2009

Hi Mario,
Thanks for the response. But I remember there was a command you ran of some
sort that actually extracted the TT files for you for a given YAML FormFu
configuration. That way I can see exactly what the HTML for the form will
look like. So instead of saying [% form %] in my TT I can just use the
proper TT and embed javascript and CSS and possibly modify the presentation
of the form itself.
Maybe I didn't ask the question properly... my mistake.
I am not that good with my Perl so I am not sure if I can write the
connector classes without assistance. A friend of mine who is good with the
client side of things will be working on the jQuery connection to the server
... so maybe if you explained a bit better what is needed on FormFu to talk
to jQuery then I can pass it on to him to look at it for you.

Cheers,
Manu

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 7:01 PM, Mario Minati
<mario.minati at googlemail.com>wrote:

> Hi Manu,
>
> you can do
> my $string =3D "$form";
> to stringify the form.
>
> And yes, you are right, submitting the expected parameters does work.
>
> Maybe you are willing to write jQuery connector classes, as Moritz is
> currently doing for ExtJS.
>

> Greets,
>
> Mario Minati
>

> Am Montag 13 April 2009 13:07:11 schrieb Manu Kaul:
> > Hi,I was wondering if there was a way to extract the actual TT or HTML
> code
> > for the form that FormFu generates internally? I ask because I am trying
> > use an AJAX/jQuery combination at the client side to interact with the
> > server code. My understanding is that if the AJAX function were to subm=
it
> > the exact same form with the element IDs etc matching my FormFu
> > configuration YAML then FormFu will validate the form details on the
> server
> > end. Is this correct?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Manu

-- =

The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and
falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.
- Michelangelo