[html-formfu] Request advice RE FormFu and join tables

Dennis Daupert ddaupert at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 21:51:56 GMT 2009

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 2:02 PM, Carl Franks <fireartist at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Dennis,
>
> If you checkout the test files from the HTML-FormFu-Model-DBIC
> distribution, I think these ones match the setups you want:
>
> t/update/many_to_many_select.t
> t/update/many_to_many_select.yml
> t/default_values/has_many_select.t
> t/default_values/has_many_select.yml

Hi Carl,

Thank you for your kindness. I've had a look at the t/ code. Maybe I'm
getting closer, hard to know, my head hurts. I still haven't connected the
dots yet. If you don't mind, can I show you my yml file?

I have two Selects in my config file:

---
auto_fieldset:
  legend: Select Project
indicator: submit
elements:
   - type: Select
     name: project
     label: Select Project
     model_config:
        resultset: Projects
        condition:
           active: 1
   - type: Select
     name: directory
     label: Select Directory
     multiple: 1
     model_config:
        resultset: Directories
   - type: Submit
     name: submit
     value: Submit

Both Selects are pre-populated. The admin user selects a Project to add one
or more Directories to.

What I can't seem to get my head around is how to tell the config that he
needs to take one project, take one or more directories, and apply that
knowledge to the project_directories table. I read about 'type: Repeatable'
in HTML::FormFu::Model::DBIC, and have played with that, but no soap so far.

/dennis