[html-formfu] file upload, constraint and resubmit

Josef Chladek josef.chladek at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 06:31:23 GMT 2009

hi,

I've file-uploads in my form, of which one is with constraint
required. if I upload the file, everything is ok, but if another
constraint in the form is failing and I have to resubmit, the form
again wants the file upload. I store the upload in a tmp-table (and a
helper-var in the session) in my db and therefore I know that I have
the upload allready. so I want to remove the constraint for the file
upon resubmit. working with get_all_elements({type => 'File'} and
remove_element seems not to work. is there a way to explicitly remove
one constraint?

or does someone has a better way of working with file-uploads and
resubmits? the logic with tmp-table and session is rather complicated
and not really generalizable...

thanks for your input
josef