[html-formfu] handling repeatable on the javascript side

Mario Minati mario.minati at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 21 12:26:30 GMT 2009

Hi,

I'm just working on the implementation of client side repeatable elements for
ExtJS.

What I stumbled about are more complex forms with repeatable repeatables or
nested repeatable or repeatable nested or ...

Currently I see no automatic way to determine on the client side if a given
element name (e.g. inner.outer.name_1) is repeatable nested or nested
repeatable, right?

The solution the came first to my mind was to analyse the form elements to
discover which is repeatable and which is only nested. But that will not work
in ExtJS if you choose to display e. g. each repeatable elements in it's own
tab (when using a tabpanel). And I didn't want to trade flexibilty
automation.

So I'm currently thinking of creating a picture of the repeatable and nested
structure on the server side and sending this to the client, so the client
can easily findout on how to build form and element names.

What do you think of this?

Can you think of any more elegant solution?

And shall we put the code to generate that 'picture' of the form structure
into generic formfu, a plugin or just into FF::ExtJS class?

Greets,

Mario Minati