[html-formfu] Feature request: Repeatable delete from model behavior

Charlie Garrison garrison at zeta.org.au
Tue Apr 28 07:20:03 GMT 2009

Good afternoon,

On 27/04/09 at 5:54 PM -0700, Greg Coates <greg at coatesoft.com> wrote:

>As far as I can tell from the documentation, the only way that
>a row can be deleted from the model (database) when using a
>Repeatable is by using the 'delete_if_true' attribute along
>with a checkbox.  There's no way to automatically update the
>model if rows are removed from the Repeatable using javascript.

Why not just use javascript to set the field assigned to
'delete_if_true'? Make it a hidden field and submit it with the
form. And the javascript doesn't have to delete the row, just
set it to display:none; and set the delete_if_true field.

That way seems easier (& safer?) than changing HTML::FF model behaviour.

>It would be really great if rows could be deleted from the model if they are no longer present in the Repeatable.

What if second user adds a row/record while first user has page
open (row doesn't exist). First user submits form, which doesn't
have the newly added row so the new row gets deleted. I doubt
that is intended result.

My AU$0.03.

Charlie

--
    Charlie Garrison  <garrison at zeta.org.au>
    PO Box 141, Windsor, NSW 2756, Australia

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt