[html-formfu] Problems with HTML::FormFu::Element::Repeatable, DateTime and Checkboxgroup

Mike Glen mike.glen at mindsweep.net
Tue Apr 28 11:40:25 GMT 2009

I have a form where I am trying to use a Repeatable section

elements:
    - type: Repeatable
      name: training_class
      elements:
          - type: DateTime
            name: start_time
            label: 'Start Date / Time'
            day:
               prefix: "- Day -"
            month:
               prefix: "- Month -"
            year:
               prefix: "- Year -"
               less: 0
               plus: 2
            hour:
               prefix: "- Hour -"
            minute:
               prefix: "- Min -"
            auto_inflate: 1
          - type: Checkboxgroup
            name: trainers
            label: Trainers

and in my catalyst controller

my $repeatable = $form->get_element( name => 'training_class');
$repeatable->repeat(2);

the form displays the section twice as expected but does not display the
selects for the datetime
(if I remove the repeatable type the datetime displays properly)

also I am having trouble populating the Checkboxgroup

without the repeatable I can call

my $checkboxgroup = $form->get_element( name => 'trainers' );
$checkboxgroup->options(\@options);

to populate it

but with the repeatable section I get a "Can't call method "options" on
an undefined value " error
I have also tried using

my $checkboxgroup = $repeatable->get_element( name => 'trainers' );
$checkboxgroup->options(\@options);

but get the same error

Anyone know what I need to do?

I'm using the latest version from cpan (upgraded this morning)

Thanks