[html-formfu] FormFu::Model subclassing

Nick Spacek nick.spacek at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 18:53:53 GMT 2009

Hi there,
I've been looking at the HashRef and DBIC models to see if I can put
together my own. I've been having problems with the update side of things.
Trying to retrieve the value from my elements using $element->default
doesn't work (it doesn't return anything). I only realized now however that
the DBIC update is pulling the values from $form->param_value, which does
appear to return values.

For the last little while I've been going nuts trying to figure out why the
parameter values are there in _processed_values and other places but I
couldn't get anything back. I tried putting together a simple test using the
HashRef model and it doesn't appear to work at all (updating that is). Am I
the only one who noticed? :) Is there something special you have to do to
have Model::HashRef work?

Thanks.