[html-formfu] FormFu::Model subclassing

Nick Spacek nick.spacek at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 16:48:40 GMT 2009

> When you say the HashRef update() didn't work at all, what were you
> expecting it to do? And what did it actually do, if anything?

Thanks for the direction. I'd been over that doc before but was looking at
what was going on in HashRef. I created a form that should have been setting
the title property of a HashRef, but after update was called on it, the
property was unchanged.
The relevant lines in Model::HashRef are: 133, 156, 162. The create method
is iterating over the elements retrieved from get_all_elements and
(apparently) getting the value from $element->default. I stuck in some code
to output the result of the calls to default and never got a value, so I
don't know how Model::HashRef is doing whatever it's doing. :)

Nick