[html-formfu] Repeatable within a repeatable?

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 10:58:50 GMT 2009

2009/2/25 Oskari 'Okko' Ojala <okko+formfu at frantic.com>:
> On Wed, 25 Feb 2009, Carl Franks wrote:
>
>> I'm in the middle of changing how new_empty_rows /
>> new_empty_rows_multi works (specifically, I'm deprecating them for a
>> different mechanism) and if there's no tests for
>> repeatable-within-a-repeatable in the test suite, it might break.
>
> Hi Carl,
>
> are you able to use my minimum range and new_empty_row_amount patches in
> that?

Hi Oskari,

It was your patches that prompted me to get this fixed sooner, rather
than later.
It won't work quite as you proposed, but you will get the same
functionality - though you'll have to use the new config options,
rather than 'new_empty_row', which will be deprecated, and will issue
a warning.

One of the reasons this needed fixed, was the idea of using a min/max
Range is very restrictive, as it can only be used when creating the
first records, and not when adding more - as you don't know how many
there'll be in advance, so can't set the min/max correctly. This is
something that will be fixed.

I've been working on this yesterday / today, so hopefully will be able
to get it finished today / tomorrow, and will post more details to the
list.

Cheers,