[html-formfu] Model::DBIC: label-style text field

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 15:11:02 GMT 2009

2009/1/9  <onken at houseofdesign.de>:

>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm still stuck here. I tried to set non_param on a text element but it
>> seems
>> like Model::DBIC ignores it and updates the value anyway.
>>
>> I can write a test if needed.

> Seems like the param_value vs. param change might be the cause of this...

I don't think non_param() can help.
Model-DBIC iterates over form fields, not input parameters, so it
shouldn't make any difference.

I still think the best idea is adding support to Model-DBIC for a
'readonly' attribute.

It'll take a while to do though, to ensure all cases are covered, and
it's properly covered by tests - time I don't have unfortunately.
If you want to do it, I'll certainly apply a patch for it.