[html-formfu] My experience upgrading from 0.2004 to 0.5000

Byron Young Byron.Young at riverbed.com
Thu Jul 2 18:19:23 GMT 2009

I thought you might be interested in my experience of upgrading our HTML::FormFu at $work yesterday.  I was dreading it a little bit, as I dread all upgrades, but mostly because I had made a number of local modifications to our installation, mostly fixing issues with HTML::FormFu::Model::DBIC and repeatable elements.

So, I just removed our locally modified version of FormFu and installed the latest version of HTML::FormFu, HTML::FormFu::Model::DBIC, and Catalyst::Controller::HTML::FormFu through CPAN on my dev and production boxes.  Other than some deprecation warnings (fixed in a few minutes by updating my form yml files) and some broken CSS (due to the span -> div switch) everything worked flawlessly.  I'm impressed!  The local modifications I had made were no longer necessary as the problems I had previously experienced were now fixed.

Thank you guys for making the upgrade experience so nice and easy!

Byron