[html-formfu] Element:::Date speed issues in Catalyst

Matt Whipple matt at mattwhipple.com
Fri Jul 3 13:27:02 GMT 2009

I'm working on a Catalyst app using FormFu which has multiple
HTML::Form::Element::Date objects.  Each one cumulatively causes a call
to $form->process to take over a second more (I'm guessing due to
populating the lists).  Presently I've stripped out most everything to
narrow the problem down, the config file only lists the elements with no
inflators or any other type of more advanced functionality.  The
controller manually uses HTML::FormFu, loads the config, and runs the
process method.  Multiple consecutive calls to process each have the
same impact.  Changing the element type to text makes the problem disappear.

Any insights would be incredibly appreciated.