[html-formfu] Having issues with nested repeatable loading from db.

Leanan Sidhe the.leanan.sidhe at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 21:54:11 GMT 2009

I'm attempting to make use of the $form->model->default_values and
$form->model->update methods.  Everything except for my repeatables are
either 1) What I want to do cannot currently be done, or 2) I'm missing
something simple, but important.  Here's an example of what I am trying to
do:

I have something along the following for my tables:

MyApp::DB::Result::Account:
 - A may_have for MyApp::DB::Result::Debit, named debits

MyApp::DB::Result::Debit
- A belongs_to for MyApp::DB::Result::Account, named account
- A has_many for MyApp::DB::Result::DebitItems, named debit_items

MyApp::DB::Result::DebitItems
- A belongs_to for MyApp::DB::Result::Debit, named debit

myapp.conf has:
name MyApp
<Controller::HTML::FormFu>
  <model_stash>
    schema =3D DB
  </model_stash>
</Controller::HTML::FormFu>

(I'm not sure if that is right.  I've tried MyApp::Model::DB, and
MyApp::Schema::DB -- Model::DB lists the connection string, Schema::DB is
the one with the load_namespaces)

My form config has a base config file that loads a bunch of sub config
files.  In one of the sub configs where I'm trying to get this working I
have something like this:

---
  elements:
  nested_name: debits
  elements:
   - type: Block
     tag: table
        .... (lots of stuff building out the headers, etc.  Then I finally
get to the rows)
   - type: Block
     tag: tbody
     elements:
       - type: Repeatable
       nested_name: debit_items
       elements:
         - type: Block
           ... (lots of stuff building out the row I want repeated)

When I load the form, I do
$form->model->default_values($c->model('DB::Account')->find(1));

The portion of the form that is not in the repeatable section loads fine.
I'll have things like debits.something, debits.soemthing_else (where I have
something and something_else columns in the debit table)  All the data for
those fields loads from the database just fine.
The form builds out a table with one empty row, where the names are
debits.debit_item.value, debits.debit_item.date, etc etc (where I have value
and date columns in the debititems table).  However, the fields aren't
populated from the database.

As far as I can tell I've got everything right, but obviously I don't
because it just doesn't work.  Is this possible, or am I dreaming?  If it's
possible, what am I messing up?

Thank you!