[html-formfu] moose?

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 20:59:29 GMT 2009

2009/3/5 Daisuke Maki <daisuke at endeworks.jp>:
> Carl Franks wrote:
>> My primary interest in moosifying HTML-FormFu would be to use Roles to
>> be able to get rid of the multiple inheritance that's going on with
>> some of the elements. And hopefully cleanup some of the massive
>> importing from ObjectUtil.
>
> yeah, that's the idea. no offense, but ObjectUtil needs to go.

no offence taken ;)

> If we stay clear of any Class::MOP munging, we can leverage the faster
> Mouse.pm through Any::Moose, though.

I think Any::Moose is a bad idea.
Unless all your dependencies use it - which isn't going to happen as
it's not mentioned in the Moose docs - it will cause problems.
If a dependency starts to "use Moose", then everything using "use
Any::Moose" will silently switch from using Mouse to Moose.