[html-formfu] constraints_from_dbic

Ian Wells ijw at cack.org.uk
Tue Mar 10 16:53:11 GMT 2009

I thought the HTML::FormFu::ObjectUtil::constraints_from_dbic method
might be a good idea to reduce the number of times I have to state the
length of character fields (an old favourite for inconsistencies).
But it appears to be suffering from bitrot - specifically,

    if ( $type =~ /(char|text|binary)\z/ && defined $info->{size} ) {

doesn't match the type of varchars coming from DBIx::Class, which is
{data_type => "character varying"}.

Is anyone else using this function, or maintaining it, at the moment?

I believe it's also specific to DBIx::Class, too - so perhaps it
should be in a different module?

Cheers,
--
Ian.