[html-formfu] Sticky password field

Ashley Pond V ashley.pond.v at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 06:25:32 GMT 2009

I realize there are arguments to be made for always clearing the
password fields. They seem pretty hollow though. If it went up under
http in clear text it doesn't really increase the risk by sending it
back as clear text. The only user in contact with it is the user
entering it so it really just boils down to bad UI.

Consider, for example, a longish form with many points of input
failure (unique username, strong enough password, etc, etc, etc). In
that form which has password and password_repeat the user might end
up typing in the same password 8, 16, 30 or more times after starting
to fat finger it out of frustration or while looping through the
first 10 usernames which are already taken. Terrible UI and it has
made me want to scream on other sites with ridiculous constraint hoops.

I don't see a way to make password fields sticky with FormFu
presently but I would really like to do so. Easy? Possible? Require a
rendering patch and new flag?

Thanks for looking!
-Ashley