[html-formfu] problems useing C::C::HTML::FormFu::ExtJS

Mario Minati mario.minati at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 24 02:28:43 GMT 2009

A smiling hello to everyone :-)

I wasn't active on this list for the longest time and am happy that FormFu
evolved so well. Which wasn't actually a supprice, as Carl is very anxious,
as he always was. (Hi, Carl)

So I'll try to help as time and knowledge permits.

Actually I'm working with Catalyst, DBIC, ExtJS and FormFu.
I was happy to see the new ExtJS branch.

No back to development challenges:

When useing C::C::HTML::FormFu::ExtJS in a controller the resulting form
object was still of type HTML::FormFu.

This is probably due to the kind of perl reference magic in
Catalyst::Controller::HTML::FormFu:

*{"$args{form_method}"}      = \&_form;

This always looks for _form in the current package
(Catalyst::Controller::HTML::FormFu), right?

Actually I see no obvious method to find out that there is another _form in
C::C::HTML::FormFu::ExtJS.

So I would extended C::C::HTML::FormFu::ExtJS with the following method:

sub _setup {
    my ( $self, $app ) = @_;

    # invoke original method
    NEXT::_setup( @_ );

    # get config
    my $args = $self->_html_formfu_config();

    # rewrite controller method
    no strict 'refs';
    *{$args->{form_method}} = \&_form;
}

An other possibility which would make the existence of
C::C::HTML::FormFu::ExtJS unnecessary is, to make the form class (usually
HTML::Form) configurable.

So I'm happy to read your answers.

Greets,

Mario Minati