[html-formfu] Client side validation

Mario Minati mario.minati at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 25 12:27:42 GMT 2009

Hallo Carl,

as you wrote you are working on the clientside validation and the auto_js
branch gives a good idea of what is coming up.

Might it be a good idea to put the pure javascript constraint/filter
processing in a separate method which only gets the field value with other
values and returns an error or the filtered result.

This way everyone who is writing an FormFu Adaptor to a specific JS Framework,
like Ext, could reuse this JS processing methods and needs only to create the
surrounding functions to invoke them.

Which way do you plan to realize constrains that have options, like Length.
Currently as soultion would be to set a method_name that includes the options.
An more elegant solution could be to create a constraint object that takes
these options as parameters in the constructor.

I'm willing to help as I need client side validation in ExtJS which is set via
FormFu.

Greets,

Mario Minati