[html-formfu] How do you handle "change password" forms?

Jens Schwarz blacky6767 at gmx.de
Tue Mar 31 08:48:17 BST 2009

> On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 8:28 AM, Moritz Onken <onken at houseofdesign.de>
> wrote:
> > I have a pretty large form where you can change the password using two
> > password fields which have to match if you want to change the password.
>
> I was trying to solve this same thing myself this weekend (on an admin
> user edit panel). I'd love to see how anyone is doing it or hear if
> there is, as Moritz asked, a better way.

I have "solved" it by creating a dedicated action (something like "change_password") in my "user" controller. It has also a dedicated FormFu form. So I have in my "edit-user" form all elements _except_ the password element. Instead there is only a button "change password" which calls the "change_password" action/form.

Jens