[html-formfu] different behavior of H::F::Model::DBIC 0.04002 and 0.04003

Toby Corkindale toby.corkindale at strategicdata.com.au
Fri May 29 02:10:02 GMT 2009

Toby Corkindale wrote:
> Moritz Onken wrote:
>> Well, the problem occurs only if people are using an old version of DBIC.
>> Don't know how many are still on 0.080xx.
>
> HAHAHA. :(
>
> I'm still working on getting 0.08012 into our official build.. The
> official version used here is still meant to be 0.07 :(

That said, if there's a good reason to get sysadmins to upgrade, I'm
sure it can be done, eventually. I think the custom patches I was
applying against 0.08012 are already fixed in mainline 0.08100 which is
a plus.

However, the "The primary key and the foreign key may not be the same
column" error still occurs after updating DBIC to 08103, with
relationships defined as is_foreign_key_constraint=>0
(They are relationships with Views, hence cannot be foreign keys.. any
suggestions?)

On the other hand, I note that now when I save a record with a
many_to_many relationship and Checkboxgroup, it *does* save something
out to the joining class.
However it doesn't *display* the correct info (something todo with the
populate() method maybe?)

Cheers,
Toby