[html-formfu] ContentButton name attribute

Nick Spacek nick.spacek at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 20:03:01 GMT 2009

Hi folks,

I'm looking to use the button attribute but found that the generated HTML
contains a name attribute regardless of whether or not one is set. Looking
at _Input.pm (the base class for other form elements including Button.pm) vs
ContentButton.pm there is a clear difference: where _Input.pm checks if name
is set before adding it to the HTML string, ContentButton.pm just goes ahead
and adds it regardless.

So, I'm wondering if there is a reason for this behavior, or if it is
something that could be changed in the future?

Nick Spacek

PS: There are valid reasons to use <button> over <input> buttons, though I
realize that I could work around this issue with <input>.