[html-formfu] Uninitialized value error

Octavian Râşniţă orasnita at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 18:06:15 GMT 2009

From: "Ronald J Kimball" <rkimball+formfu at pangeamedia.com>Octavian Râşniţă
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have seen the following warning in the logs. Does anyone know what could
> be the problem?
>
> Use of uninitialized value $root in hash element at
> E:/perl510/site/lib/HTML/FormFu/ObjectUtil.pm line 716.
>
> There was no other error, so I don't know where I should look for the
> issue.

Looking at the code for ObjectUtil and Util, I deduce that
set_nested_hash_value() is being called without a value for $name.  Do
you have a field that doesn't have a name?
Ronald

**
Oh yes I do. I do have a submit button that has just the type and value.
Should this type of button be avoided? Or can I prevent the warning.. maybe
with a blank value for the field name...

Thanks.

Octavian