[html-formfu] Using DBIC Validation in FormFu

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 15:48:44 GMT 2009

Hi Sergiy,

It would probably be possible to provide a compatible check() method,
but I'm not sure how far it would get you.

As far as FormFu is concerned, a single form doesn't have to represent
just a single database row, but can also represent related rows or
resultsets.

Where would your validation profile be defined?
DBIx::Class::Validation expects each resultsource class to provide a
validation_profile() method which provides the profile.
Would you want that to be shared between DBIx::Class::Validation and
HTML::FormFu ?

If you can give an example of how you might expect it all to fit
together, I could probably give a better answer of whether FormFu
would be a good choice for this.

Cheers,
Carl