[html-formfu] Speed of processing

Octavian Râşniţă orasnita at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 20:23:56 GMT 2009

Hi Kal,

From: "Kahlil Hodgson" <kahlil.hodgson at dealmax.com.au>
Good Morning Octavian

On 10/30/2009 12:12 AM, Octavian Râşniţă wrote:
> I've seen that by just adding the attribute "FormConfig" in a subroutine
> declaration in a Catalyst controller that subclasses
> Catalyst::Controller::HTML::FormFu decreases the response speed from 36
> requests to only 5 requests per second, without changing anything else.

I had a similar experience which was making FormFu impractical.

> Is it possible to cache somehow the config files or do something else to
> improve the speed?

I've implemented a simple (naive) single-process cache in
Catalyst::Controller::HTM::FormFu::Action::FormConfig
(file attached) and get a noticeable speed up, however, there are issues
with this approach.  As you can see from the comments in the code, I was
unable to get a shared cache to work, and caching code references seems
to be impossible.  I'm also thinking of applying this
approach to (applicable instances of) FormMethod as well.

Cheers!

Kal

Thank you for the code. I will try to do some tests because this big delay
is a big issue.

Octavian