[html-formfu] Validate DBIx::Class unique constraints

Erez Schatz moonbuzz at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 10:47:48 GMT 2010

On 12/03/2010 01:35 PM, Carl Franks wrote:

> There's also a HTML::FormFu::Constraint::DBIC::Unique

Thanks, its a good solution, however...

> I'm not sure what you mean by "this doesn't work if the user enters
> his own information", can you give an example?

When a user profile page loads, it is populated with current
information. If a user clicks on "submit" it then submit all information
that is in the form. Any "Unique" test will fail, seeing as the
information is already in the DB - under the user's name!

Is there a way to tell HTML::FF "validate only values that have been
changed"?

--
Erez

Observations, not opinions.