[html-formfu] Re: Forcing errors

Oskari 'Okko' Ojala okko+formfu at frantic.com
Mon Feb 1 13:07:00 GMT 2010

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010, Ronald J Kimball wrote:

>> after forcing an error and calling $form->process,
>> $form->submitted_and_valid still returns true. Could it change to return
>> false, as then the form is not valid anymore?
>>
>> Reference:
>> http://search.cpan.org/~cfranks/HTML-FormFu-0.06001/lib/HTML/FormFu/Manual/Cookbook.pod#Custom_error_messages
>
> That is, surprisingly, by design:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/html-formfu@lists.rawmode.org/msg00127.html

Oh, that is surprising. So at least one person before me has hit the same
thing!

I propose changing the design, and would find it intuitive that forcing an
error, even a display orientated error, would invalidate the form.
Throwing the ball to Carl here again, please consider it. :)

--
Oskari "Okko" Ojala