[html-formfu] Re: [Proposed patch] By-extension MIME type guess for H::F::Constraint::File::MIME

Michele Beltrame mb at cattlegrid.info
Sun Jan 24 18:44:07 GMT 2010

Hi all!

I'm resurrecting this topic of August 2009, for which I got no reply. :-)

At the time I was submitting a (backward compatible) patch to allow
guessing the MIME type of files uploaded via form by the file extension
instead of the mime type supplied by the client.

The reason of this patch is that I can't get MIME type recognition work
if files are uploaded via Internet Explorer (7 in my case): it just
doesn't seem to be supplied by the client.

Are other people experiencing such problems? Would the patch (with
tests) be appreciated? Or is there a solution I can't see? ;-)

Thanks,
Michele.

--
Michele Beltrame