[html-formfu] H::F::C::DBIC::Unique self_stash typos

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 14:30:43 GMT 2010

On 9 September 2010 15:06, Tim Rayner <tfrayner at gmail.com> wrote:
> That's fair enough. I guess the addition I'd really like to see is a
> method allowing the user to specify more than one column to check
> against, in cases where the database table has a compound unique key.
> Charlie's "method_name" argument might well be a better way of doing
> this, but in the attached example patch this method is called "others"
> for the sake of argument. Alternatively it could be modified such that
> the column method accepts an arrayref; I'm open to suggestions and/or
> opinions. If this is already covered by a patch in the pipeline then
> that's fine by me; the offer to work up a test suite still stands,
> though, since I'd like to see this module released to CPAN so I don't
> have to maintain a local fork.

Hi,
The use of 'others' is convenient, as the first column-name can be
omitted, and it'll be automatically calculated from the field name.
However, it may be easier to maintain you had to list all column-names
in a single array-ref.
I'm undecided, so we may as well go with the way you've done it,
unless anyone else can think of any problems it might cause.

I've committed both of these patches - thanks.

If you're able to come up with even some basic tests, it can be
included in the cpan release.

Cheers,