[html-formfu] Using 2 columns as the element label?

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 12:35:54 GMT 2011

Thanks Nigel. Yes, good idea.

--Octavian

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nigel Metheringham" <nigel at dotdot.it>
To: "HTML Form Creation,Rendering and Validation Framework"
Sent: Tuesday, August 23, 2011 1:49 PM
Subject: Re: [html-formfu] Using 2 columns as the element label?

On 23 Aug 2011, at 11:41, Octavian Rasnita wrote:
> The problem is that I would like to use the columns first_name + a space +
> the column last_name as the label for the select options, and not only the
> username column.

In the case where I do this, I have the DBIC result class have an
additional method in it:-
  sub name { my $self = shift;
    return join( ' ', $self->forename || '', $self->surname || '' ); }

and then use name as the label column

Nigel.

--
[ Nigel Metheringham ------------------------------ nigel at dotdot.it ]
[                 Ellipsis Intangible Technologies                  ]