[html-formfu] RFC: Catalyst::Model::FormFu

Peter Shangov pshangov at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 26 14:42:31 GMT 2011

Hi Matthias,

(I am forwarding this discussion back to the mailing list, I think its' better if it is archived there)

This is basically the conclusion that I came to after doing some fiddling with H::FF. I initially planned to do a separate module (Catalyst::Model::FormFu::Deferred) that will allow the cache to be built at some later point (e.g. in 'after setup_components => sub {...}' or in the first request), and while that will work for the 'config_callback' hook, it will not quite work for localization.

Unfortunately I have used neither Catalyst's nor FormFu's localization features and am not quite sure what is a good way to resolve this. I could re-populate the form upon each request, but that will certainly wipe out a lot of the performance gains of C::M::FF.

Cheers,

--
Peter