[html-formfu] H:F:M:DBIC condition_from_stash

Gabor HALASZ halasz.g at freemail.hu
Tue Jan 11 13:21:12 GMT 2011

On 2011.01.11. 13:27, Carl Franks wrote:
> On 11 January 2011 11:47, Gabor HALASZ<halasz.g at freemail.hu>  wrote:
>> Hi Carl!
>>
>> Why not accepts hashes from stash in condition_from_stash? I read the
>> DBIC.pm:
>>
>>     if ( defined( my $from_stash = $attrs->{condition_from_stash} ) ) {
>>         $condition = $condition ? { %{$condition} } : {}; # avoid overwriting
>> attrs->{condition}
>>         for my $name ( keys %$from_stash ) {
>>             my $value = $form->stash->{ $from_stash->{$name} };
>>
>>             croak "input value must not be a reference"
>>                 if ref $value;
>>
>>             $condition->{$name} = $value;
>>         }
>>     }
>>

> This looks like the same issue Yuval raised in October.

Sorry, I don't remember.

> I don't think the restriction was originally intended, so I'd accept
> any patch that includes tests that resolves this.

I think, simply on wrong place and checks wrong variable, the correct is:

for my $name ( keys %$from_stash ) {

     croak "config value must not be a reference" if ref $name;

     my $value = $form->stash->{ $from_stash->{$name} };

     $condition->{$name} = $value;
     }

becauese the next config:

<condition_from_stash>
   <column>
     != hash_key
   </column>
</condition_from_stash>

causes a false result in query.

> btw, it's now on github, so please branch it and send a pull request when ready.
> https://github.com/fireartist/HTML-FormFu-Model-DBIC

I thinking about this, but I have no time on last months.

--
Gabor HALASZ <halasz.g at freemail.hu>