[html-formfu] More complex DBIC/FormFu interaction

Gabor HALASZ halasz.g at freemail.hu
Tue Jan 18 10:54:15 GMT 2011

On 2011.01.14. 11:13, Moritz Onken wrote:
> I think FormFu should support a way to call a resultset method.
> You could move all the code there and just call it from FormFu.
> Example:
>
> in your Schema::ResultSet::Action;
>
> sub filter_for_form {
> 	shift->({ id =>  { '>' =>  1 } }, { order_by =>  'action' });
> }
>
> and then in FormFu:
>
>> <elements>
>>   type                  Checkboxgroup
>>   name                  actions
>>   label_loc             Action
>>   reverse_group         0
>>   <constraints>
>>     type                AutoSet
>>   </constraints>
>>   <model_config>
>>     resultset           Action
>>     id_column           id
>>     label_column        action
>>     rs_method           filter_for_form
>>   </model_config>
>> </elements>
>

> This is not yet implemented, but would look much cleaner.

Hi!

I thinking about same thing, but in my opinion, the correct way to get
the whole resultset from stash, instead parts of resultset. In this
case, the whole magic of DBIC accessible to create forms, and placed
every component to a right place (model in database model, form prefill
logic in application/controller, and form description in config files).
And finally, I think, this not require an intensive extension of
Model::DBIC codebase.

--
Gabor HALASZ <halasz.g at freemail.hu>